Saturday, May 7, 2011

Park Avenue Thrift

I am thrilled to announce the completion of a series of commercials I did for Park Avenue Thrift of Enid. If you are not familiar, Park Ave is an awesome thrift shop in Enid, OK. They donate 100% of all proceeds back to the community, so every penny you spend shopping helps better the place you live.

If you know me, you know that I am a thrift shop junkie! I love clothes and bargains. So naturally I gravitate to second hand shops. I was a huge fan of Park Ave, even before I was hired to do some marketing for them...so this job has really been a joy. Getting to know the staff has been a blessing in my life. I hope that my work will help them continue their mission.

Here are two of the four videos I did for them. The first is a 30 second spot I wrote after our initial meeting. An issue they wanted addressed was the need for household donations. They get plenty (seriously plenty) of clothing, but what the shop was really in need of was furniture and appliances. I combined this need with the mission behind their work and wrote the script. This is my favorite of the commercials I completed. It is an honest, and lovely look at how community members can make a difference in the area they live.



The second video was written as a spoof to those prescription commercial we see on TV all the time. I have seen them mocked before, so I cannot claim all the credit for the idea. I spent an afternoon taping this at my home. If you were wondering who the handsome bloke is walking hand in hand with me--it's my husband. I owe him a big thanks for being such a good sport and always being willing to help with these projects. And, for the record, I didn't really overdraft my debit card at the checkout....it's just acting.

No comments:

Post a Comment